America’s DIY designer, TV host and Author Frank Fontana is best known in the media as “The Straight Guy-With A Queer Eye” and host of HGTV’s top-rated DIY design show, Design on a Dime. On the show Frank puts his skills and budget savvy styling tools to the test daily to makeover one room, with only a one thousand dollar budget, all in one day! In addition to taking the reins of Design on a Dime, Frank was also the lead designer of HGTV’s Takeover My Makeover, a featured designer for the Change the World campaign and starred in HGTV’s Christmas special Decked for the Holidays, as well as the highly popular HGTV competition, “Showdown”.
Recently signing a new production deal for his own live radio and home improvement programming for a major brand, Frank is also a regular fixture on NBC’s TODAY Show, WGN news, and a Home Style contributor to Oprah.com. Many recognize Fontana as the real life “Italian Stallion” of the design world and underdog winner of ABC Television Network’s 2004 D.I.Y reality competition, The Great Domestic Showdown. Fontana, earned his design chops through the highly acclaimed “School of Hard Knocks” as the lead designer for his own design firm for the last fifteen years. His design firm Frank Fontana Designs is now headquartered in downtown Chicago and services commercial and residential clients nation wide.
Frank’s new book, “Frank Fontana’s Dirty Little Secrets of Design” is currently available in bookstores nationwide as well as amazon.com
• Frank Fontana Teams up with Charmin Ultra Soft
• Frank Fontana chosen as one of the elite designers selected to create a space for Chicago Merchandise Mart’s “Dream Home”
• Frank Fontana Signs Major Book Deal
“Celebrity Interior designer and host of HGTV’s “Design on a Dime” signs deal for his new book titled, FrankFontanas Dirty Little Secrets of Design: Going Inside the World of High Style, Low Cost Decorating to Dervla Kelly at Stewart, Tabori & Chang by Joy Tutela at the David Black Literary Agency”. The book is currently set for a 2010 Release date. Stayed tuned for more updates.
• Frank Fontana Appears in a new episode of HGTV’s “SHOWDOWN” airing now!!
• Frank Fontana Appears on Oprah and Friends Radio Show with Nate Berkus!
• Frank Fontana Takes over NBC’s Today Show
• Frank Fontana teams up with Chicago’s #1 radio station WTMX to bring home improvement tips to millions of listeners!
• Frank Fontana Headlines at Showboat Casino in Atlantic City
• See Frank on iVillage Live “IN THE LOOP”
• Frank Fontana Selected To Be One of the Host’s on HGTV’s Change the World:
Start At Home. Four partners. Ten communities. 30 projects.
Hundreds of volunteers. Numerous families, homes, schools and green spaces in need of revitalization. Why wait? Get Involved. Change the World. Start at Home. Today.